The Education Technology Department provides media support through a variety of services which include:
- Access to media equipped classrooms
- Systematically installing media equipment in general-use classrooms
- Short-term equipment loans
- Media equipment repair
- Video Production
Policies & Procedures
- Use of equipment is for College of the Desert faculty and administrators.
- Equipment is for College of the Desert related business and instructional purposes only.
- Faculty and administrators must follow Care and Use procedures outlined on Media Request Form.
- 48 Hours Prior Notice Requested.
- E-Mail requests will be confirmed.
- All requests are on a first come first serve basis.
- VHS Camcorder
- CD/ Audiocassette Player
- Slide Projector
- Overhead Projector
- Filmstrip Projector
- TV/VCR 20"
- Laptop Computer
(The deductible for lost or stolen laptops from on campus is $250, if this occurs off campus the deductible is $2,000.)
- Video/Data Projector
- Graphic design, digital imaging and production support for instructionally related projects and presentations.
- Off-air recording & duplication of videotapes and DVDs within copyright guidelines.
- Digitizing video clips for web pages.
- Teleconference downlink & facilities; satellite off-air recordings
- Audio and videotapes available to faculty for classroom use