Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Adults who enter the high school completion program are able to transfer
credit received from previous high schools they may have attended, as well as
to obtain credit for military service, technical school attended, and work
COD's Adult Education also offers a program to prepare students for the General Education Development (GED) test. Classes are offered in the morning and evening at the Palm Desert Campus and in the evening at our new Indio campus. To enroll, visit the Admissions page on this website and click "Getting Started" and fill out your application.
The GED test will be offered at our PaCE Center located in the Westfield Shopping Center Mall in Palm Desert.
For further information on schedules, cost and other details about the actual GED test, you may call (760) 776-7420 or go on the State Office of Education's website at www.gedtestingservice.com.
Adult Basic Education Program (ABE)
Registration for Adult Basic Education classes is on an open-entry, space available basis.
1. Click "Getting Started" on the Admissions webpage and complete an online application.
2. Register and pay for classes via Web Advisor.
Adult Basic Education Lab
Hours of Operation
On-campus Day Program
DAY LAB Room COMM 110
a.m. to 03:30 p.m.
Tues/Thus. 07:30 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.
DAY ENGLISH Room COMM 108
10:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
DAY MATH Room COMM 108 Tues/Thus 10:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
PD NIGHT LAB: Room COMM 110 Mon.-Thus. 05:00 p.m. to 07:30 p.m.
PD NIGHT ENGLISH Room COMM 108 Mon/Wed. 05:00 p.m. to 07:30 p.m.
INDIO NIGHT LAB: Room 204 Tues/Thus. 07:00 p.m. to 09:30 p.m.
INDIO NIGHT ENG. Room 204 Tues/Thus. 04:00 p.m.
to 06:30 p.m
On-campus Evening Program
05:00 p.m.- 07:30 p.m. Self-Paced Lab Communications Building - Room #110
Off-campus Day Program at the Eastern Valley Center - Mecca
Not currently active - see future class schedule
Off-campus Evening Program at the Eastern Valley Center - Indio
07:00 p.m.- 09:30 p.m. Self-Paced Lab EVC- Room #204
The following list includes some of the courses available to students
for self-paced study:
- English, American Literature, Typing/Keyboarding
- Reading, World Geography, American Government
- Basic Math, U.S. History, World History
- Algebra, Economics, GED Preparation
- General Science, Health Issues
- Physical & Life Sciences, Fine Arts: Art/Music/Theatre
Certificate of Completion
The following list includes certificates that are available to students in
the Adult Basic Education program:
- Certificate of Secondary Education Completion (High School Diploma)
- Certificate of Secondary Education Completion (GED)
- Certificate in Basic Math Completion
- Certificate in Advanced Math Completion
- Certificate in Basic English Completion
- Certificate in Advanced English Completion
- Certificate in Reading Completion