Google Pixel for Analytics
Navigate Up
Sign In
Skip to Content


Frequently Asked Questions

 What does the Transportation Fee cover?

The fee will provide students the option of a campus-wide parking permit or a pass for unlimited use of Sunline bus services. This fee also helps offset the costs of Public Safety services throughout the campuses.

How can I get a Parking Permit?

The parking permit must be ordered online through the campus website or while connected to the campus Wi-Fi. Permits are available for pickup in the Bursar’s Office at the Palm Desert Campus.  At this time, Parking Permits are only required at the Palm Desert Campus and for students enrolled in Public Safety Academy courses. 

How can I obtain a bus pass?

Your valid College of the Desert student identification card can be used as a bus pass. To obtain a student ID card, students must present their registration statement along with a government-issued ID to one of the following locations:

  • Palm Desert Campus: Office of Student Life
  • Palm Springs Campus: Administration Office, Building 1
  • Indio Campus: Administration Office, 2nd floor

Do I need a Parking Permit if I ride a motorcycle or have a handicapped placard?

Beginning in Spring 2020, all vehicles, including motorcycles, will be required to display a Parking Permit.

Can I use my Financial Aid to pay for the fee?

Yes! Because the Transportation Fee is mandatory, your Financial Aid disbursement will cover the cost of the fee.

I was told there was a transportation grant for ESLN and ABE students. How can I apply for this?

Students who are identified as ESLN and ABE students in the system will have the grant automatically applied to their student account by the next business day.

What if I lose my Parking Permit?

Replacement Parking Permits are available for $20 through the Bursar's Office.

 Can I apply for a waiver of the Transportation Fee?

There is no fee waiver and the fee is mandatory for all students.

Who can I speak to regarding this new fee?

For questions regarding the ASCOD transportation resolution, please contact the Office of Student Life at (760) 862-1317.​