EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services)
EOPS/CARE at College of the Desert is no longer accepting applications for the Spring 2014 semester due to the overwhelming demand. Please check back with us in late Spring 2014 for updates as to when the program will resume the application process for the Fall 2014 semester.
EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) offers "over and above" support services to students with social, economic, and educational challenges with the goal of increasing access, retention, and transfer.
EOPS is a state-funded program at College of the Desert that provides educational support services to eligible students who have historically experienced economic and educational disadvantages. EOPS assists eligible students in obtaining their educational goals by providing additional support through counseling, tutoring, book service, assistance in transferring to a four-year university, and other services. Note: Not all services are available every semester as they are contingent upon state funding and are subject to change with or without notice.
ACADEMIC SERVICES PROVIDED
- Academic, Career, Personal, and Transfer Counseling
- Long Term Educational Planning
- Priority 1 Registration
- Book Service Each Semester*
- Cal State and UC Application Fee Waivers
*Contingent upon state funding and subject to change with or without notice.
Three Steps to Apply for EOPS
- Apply for admissions to COD.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) College of the Desert's Title IV School Code #001182. and qualify for a BOG (Board of Governors) Enrollment Fee Waiver A or B.
- Complete an on-line EOPS application during our open application period.