Location: CSSC, 1st Floor
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Physician's Hours: (By appointment only) Tuesdays: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Contact: OFFICE: 760-776-7211
When classes are in session, and students are required to pay the health services fee, a professional nurse is on duty daily to provide services to registered students which include:
- health evaluations
- first aid
- emergency evaluation
- health education and consultation
- vision screening
- blood pressure screening
- blood glucose
- urinalysis for specific illnesses
- throat cultures for throat infections
- processes all COD student accident insurance claims
- intake evaluations for appointments with the College Physician (one afternoon per week)
- HIV screening is provided by an outside agency, generally once a semester.
- Flu vaccine is seasonally available (typically with with a service charge) and TB testing is available monthly
The College Physician is available one afternoon a week for treatment of mild illnesses.
Information regarding additional student insurance for sickness and accidents is available through the Student Health Services office.
Limited services are also extended to the Eastern Valley and Mecca/Thermal Campus students.