TRiO SSS DSPS
Location: Cravens Student Services Center, 1st Floor
Hours: Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday - Closed
Contact: (760) 636-7974
The TRiO-DSPS Program at College of the Desert is a TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) program designed to provide comprehensive counseling and to assist students in meeting the challenges of graduating from COD and transferring to a four-year university of their choice. The program is funded under the U.S. Department of Education's TRiO Programs.
"To assist students with disabilities who are first generation, and/or low-income student in the graduation and transfer process from College of the Desert and to strengthen their preparation for the successful completion of a college degree."
- One-on-One Counseling
- AA Degree/Certificate and Transfer Assistance from COD
- College Skills and Financial Aid Workshops
- Priority One Registration
- One-on-One Tutoring
- Computer Lab Use for educational purposes
- Student Educational Plan
- University Tours and Cultural Events
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.
- Student with a Disability
- First Generation College Student and/ OR Low-Income (Meet Federal Income Guidelines)
- Must plan to earn an AA degree or Certificate and declare a plan transfer to a four year college or university.
- Grade Point Average (current semester and cummulative) 2.0 or higher
- Enrolled full-time (12 units minimum) every semester