Location: Cravens Student Services Center, 1st Floor
(Located in the same office as DSPS)
Hours: January 5th-February 6th: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
February 9th - May 22nd: Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Contact: (760) 636-7974
The TRiO-DSPS Program at College of the Desert is a TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) program designed to provide comprehensive counseling and to assist students in meeting the challenges of graduating from COD and transferring to a four-year university of their choice. The program is funded under the U.S. Department of Education's TRiO Programs.
"To assist students with disabilities who are first generation, and/or low-income student in the graduation and transfer process from College of the Desert and to strengthen their preparation for the successful completion of a college degree."
- One-on-One Counseling
- AA Degree/Certificate and Transfer Assistance
- College Skills, Transfer & Financial Aid Workshops
- Priority One Registration
- One-on-One Tutoring
- Computer Lab Use for Educational Purposes
- Detailed Student Educational Plans
- University/College Tours and Cultural Events
- Live Scribe Pen/Text Book* Loan Program
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.
- Student with a Disability (Permanent or Temporary with Documentation)
- First Generation College Student AND/OR Low-Income (Meet Federal Income Guidelines)
- Must plan to earn an AA degree or Certificate and declare a plan transfer to a four year college or university.
- Grade Point Average (current semester and cummulative) 2.0 or higher
- Enrolled in 6 or more units for Fall and Spring semester.
- Enrolled in Math 054 or have assessment scores with this placement
Follow us on Facebook!