|Monday - Thursday:
||8 am - 5 pm |
||8 am - 12 pm|
COD Veterans Services & Veterans Resource Center
Location: Cravens Student Services Center Building
1st Floor - East end of building
Office: 760.773.2536 ~ Fax: 760.423.6630
Donni Prince - Veterans Specialist, VA Certifying Official
Sandra Hauf - Veterans Counselor
* * * * *
The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) provides critical service and support for our veterans; active‐duty, National Guard and Reserve military personnel, their spouses and dependents; and faculty and staff. We assist our veterans' transition back into civilian life as they learn to navigate the California Community College system; and support the success, retention and educational needs of our students.
* * * * *
COD New Student Checklist
Check out our new COD Veterans Services Facebook page: COD Vets
Be sure to sign up for your VA E-Benefits account
You Served Us, Now Let Us Serve You
We understand that the transition to student life can be personally challenging, yet rewarding. We, along with the entire COD community, are grateful to you and your family members for your service to our country, and are dedicated to providing the services you need to successfully navigate this transition.
Our office is also an informational center to assist you with any questions you may have regarding your veterans’ educational benefits, as well as providing support services to ensure your success at College of the Desert.
- One-on-one personalized student assistance
- Veterans Academic Counselor
- Disability Support
- Liaison with all other COD support services
- Certification of education benefits for all chapters
- Providing academic advising by discussing the curriculum and approving course selection for compliance with DVA regulations
- Priority registration for students who have completed the SSSP requirements, are in good standing and have completed fewer than 101 units at COD
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Transition services
- Support services while you pursue your goals!
College of the Desert is approved by the California State Approving Agency to enroll veterans and other eligible persons.
VA's new publication: "Factors to Consider When Choosing a School: A guide before using the GI Bill®
" at: VA's Guide
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.