Participants in the CyberPatriot competitions will enjoy learning about about Cyber
Security from experienced COD professors and Computer Information (CIS) students.
- CyberPatriot competitions consist of teams of middle and high school students in the
position of newly hired IT professionals tasked with managing the network of a small
company. Through a series of online competition rounds, teams are given a set of virtual
operating systems and are tasked with finding and fixing cybersecurity vulnerabilities
while maintaining critical services.
- The top teams in the nation earn all-expenses-paid trips to Maryland for the National
Finals Competition where they can earn national recognition and scholarship money.
- Teams have two challenges during their six-hour competition period:
- Network Security Challenge: involves finding and fixing security vulnerabilities in
Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Cisco Networking Challenge: consists of an online quiz and a virtual networking exercise
based on specific training materials.
All rounds of competition, except for the National Finals Competition, take place
- First session of the term will be held at the COD Palm Desert Campus in the Cyber
Lab room B8 on Friday, September 8th at 5:30pm and through ZOOM
- Training sessions will be held every other Friday following. Some Saturdays and Sundays
may be required during competitions.
- All FREE of cost!!
To learn more about CyberCamps, visit their website at https://www.uscyberpatriot.org/afa-cybercamps/overview