Foster Youth Process
- Complete the Foster Youth Application
- Obtain your Dependency Verification or Ward of the Court Letter.
- Former Foster Youth students, you can obtain these documents by going on-line, to the California State Foster Care Ombudsman Website or by calling 1.877.846.1602.
- Current Foster Youth students, you can obtain these documents by contacting your Social Worker.
- For support in obtaining verification documents, contact the FYS Outreach Specialist.
Submit Foster Youth application and verification documents to the FYS office or email
them to FosterYouth@collegeofthedesert.edu.
Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our Foster Youth Service Program Counselors
to begin developing a Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (SEP).
Discuss with our FYS staff to see if you qualify to enroll into other special programs at College of the Desert.