President's Student Ambassador Application
Eligibility Criteria and Required Qualifications:
- Have completed at least 12 units, with a 2.75 grade point average, and currently enrolled
in at least 6 units within the Desert Community College District.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or staff of the Desert Community College
- Provide at least a one year commitment.
- Commit a minimum of 4 hours per week throughout the academic year, not including the
2 hour bi-weekly meeting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Represent the Desert Community College District at public relations events.
- Attend bi-weekly mandatory staff meetings on the first & third Fridays of the month.
- Commit 4 hours a week for tours, service projects and other events.
- Give campus tours and presentations to prospective students, parents, alumni, and
- Assist College of the Desert at Outreach and In-reach Events.
- Pride in the Desert Community College District; "I Am COD".
- Dedication and time commitment to the program.
- Speak effectively in public situations.
- Develop and present a positive professional first impression.
- Ability to serve as a mentor to other College of the Desert students.
- General knowledge of the College’s mission, history, traditions, academic, vocational
and athletic programs, student support services, student clubs and student activities.
- Understanding and sensitivity to the diverse multi-cultural, academic and socioeconomic
backgrounds of all prospective students.
- Demonstration of teamwork and positive character.
- Strong motivations and dedication to assignments given.
Students interested in becoming a College of the Desert President's Student Ambassador
- Complete the President's Student Ambassador Application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from College of the Desert Faculty or Staff.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit a letter of intent, detailing why you want to become a President Student Ambassador.
- Complete the interview process.
- Complete the College of the Desert President's Student Ambassador Training/Orientation.
Applications will be submitted directly to the Office of Student Life. If you have
any other questions, please email us.