Credit for Military Service

College of the Desert may award college credit for certain military training, experiences and coursework. This credit is based on recommendations from the "American Council of Education".

Credit will be granted for those training courses substantially similar to coursework offered by College of the Desert. Usually credit earned is not transferable but may be applicable to some of the occupational degrees and certificates available at College of the Desert. Most students receive some physical education credit. This can be applied to meet the Physical Education graduation requirement at COD. Up to 4 units of physical education credit may be considered transferable - check with the transfer institution.
Students must request official copies of either their JST (Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard) or CCAF (Air Force) transcripts. Our office has the forms to request the AARTS, SMART or CCAF transcripts. If these are not available (depending on when you served in the military), then the DD-214 form will be used for credit evaluations. Please contact the Veterans Office for information regarding this process.