DE Vision Session
October 5th, 4:30-5:30
October 25th, 12:30-1:30--New Date!
December 2nd, 2:00-3:00
Berger Faculty Innovation Center
Distance Education in the California Community College is changing. And changing fast!
With the work of the Online Education Initiative helping colleges offer fully supported
online courses, the roll out of CANVAS (currently adopted by over 90 of our 113 campuses),
and the Online Course Exchange, College of the Desert must decide where its DE program
should go. What will it be in a year? In five? Who will our students be and where
will they come “virtually” from?
College of the Desert faculty need to be part of the planning for distance education,
and we will begin our conversation with a DE Vision Session. Food will be provided
and any interested faculty will be paid their lab rate for attending and participating
in the development of COD’s future online program. You do not need to be a current
online instructor to come.
Please come prepared to address some of the following:
- What programs—degrees or certificates—should we be offering fully online at COD?
- What DE outcomes should we be assessing?
- Do we want to explore joining the OEI’s course exchange?
- What do faculty want for ongoing training?
- A biannual survey of online students is being developed. What do you want to know
about our DE students?