Walter N. Marks Center for the Arts Submission Guidelines
The Walter N. Marks Center for the Arts accepts year-round individual and group exhibition
proposals. Programming at the Art Center is planned well in advance and proposals
are considered for the following academic year and beyond. If your proposal is accepted,
we will contact you.
Exhibition proposals are open to regional and international emerging and established
artists, art collectives, institutions, and independent curators.
All chosen proposals will follow the guidelines and procedures of College of the Desert
as well as the Walter N. Marks Center, including exhibitors' choice of one of the
following: artist walk through, artist panel discussion, or curators talk in the
Walter N. Marks Art Center during the exhibition.
Proposals must include the following:
- Curator’s conceptual exhibition statement. Include the title, and relationship of
works to one another and the theme.
- Resume or CV along with an artist biography, website, social media handles, and contact
information including an email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Indicate which gallery (the Alumni Gallery, Leberman Gallery, Cravens Gallery)
- Images: 10 - 15 images of artwork to be considered. Label each image with the artist's
name and title. It is best to format your images as jpeg files that are approximately
4"x 6" at 72 dpi. We will request higher resolution images if necessary.
- Image List: Please include a numbered list, that corresponds with the images, and
includes artist name, title, media, size, price, and date for all works.
- Click here to view Floorplans
Please send all submission materials for consideration to:
Please be sure to enter Exhibition Submission in the subject line of your email.