EOPS Program Eligibility Requirements
Must Meet All:
- Be a California Resident or AB540 Student
- Apply and Receive a California College Promise Grant A or B
(Formerly BOG Enrollment Fee Waiver)
- Be officially enrolled in a minimum of 12 units at College of the Desert.
- Must have less than 70 degree units from all colleges attended
(official transcripts are required)
- Be in good academic standing with College of the Desert (No academic or financial
holds on your record)
And Meet One of the Following Criteria:
- Have not earned a high school diploma or GED
- Graduated from high school with less than a 2.5 grade point average
- Previously enrolled in remedial course work in high school or college
- Other program specific criteria
- The student is a first generation college student
(neither parent has successfully attended college); or
- The student is a member of an underrepresented group targeted by district/college
student equity goals; or
- The primary language spoken in the student's home is/was non-English.
- The student is a current or former foster youth.