Articulation Agreements

The articulation website has information about how COD courses meet requirements for transfer to 4-year colleges and universities. This includes courses used for general education, preparation for the major and elective credit for private colleges and universities.

You will find information for transfer to the University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) on the ASSIST website.

You will also find courses for other California Community Colleges (CCC) on ASSIST.
Private colleges and universities are not included in ASSIST. We have provided you with a list of some of the schools that we have agreements with. If you do not see your school of choice please go to that school’s website and search for “articulation agreements”.


When the word "articulation" is used in education it refers to the formal process of reviewing courses for equivalency between a community college and university. An articulation agreement is an agreement between a community college and a four-year university (public or private/independent). It specifies which College of the Desert classes may be transferred to meet general education, major requirements, and electives. These agreements maintained by the Articulation Officer facilitate the successful transfer of students from the College of the Desert to baccalaureate-level colleges and universities.

 Public Colleges and Universities

  •  ASSIST (For the CSUs, UCs and CCC systems)

 Private/Independent Colleges and Universities