Supervisor’s COVID-19 Reporting Process for Employees
Supervisors should follow this process if an employee contacts them and discloses
that they are experiencing COVID-like symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- The supervisor should inquire if the employee is experiencing at least one of the
following COVID-like symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If the employee is experiencing at least one symptom, the supervisor should advise
the employee to stay home until cleared by a member of the COVID Reporting Team.
- The supervisor will notify the COVID Reporting Team via email at email@example.com about the absence.
The supervisor will request that the employee fills out the online COVID-19 Reporting Form.
The Supervisor will confirm the completion of the form.
- If your employee has questions about COVID leave, contact Human Resources.
What happens if the employee reports an exposure to someone that tested positive,
but are not feeling any symptoms?
- Have employees report for their shift.
- The employee is required to wear a mask for 10 days after last day of exposure (required).
- Have the employee submit a COVID report.
- Someone from the COVID Reporting Team will follow up and provide supervisor with an
email of mask regulations and testing requirements.
- Employees will be required to test 3-5 days after last day of exposure.
- At-Home COVID Tests are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
- A member of the COVID Reporting Team will contact the employee for more information.
- The COVID Reporting Team will determine the employee’s return to campus date/end of
- One business day prior to the return date, the employee will be contacted to do a
COVID-19 symptoms check over the phone.
- All criteria must be met before the employee will be allowed to return to campus.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.