Attend Orientation

The online orientation is available through your WebAdvisor account.

Once you are logged into the Student Menu, find the Orientation Link under the Academic Profile section

If you have attended another college and are new to COD, please submit the Matriculation Exemption Request online. Scan and upload transcripts or supporting documents. Transcripts/documents must include your name, the college’s name and must be legible. Counselors will automatically clear English and math courses that are equivalent to COD’s English and math courses. If you need specific prerequisite courses waived (other than basic math and English), please come in to the Counseling Office to see a counselor. View our times and locations.

Be advised that during registration there may be long wait times to see a counselor.

Orientation Exemption

You may be exempt from orientation if:

  • You are a new COD student who plans to take courses for personal development, not to earn a degree or certificate.
  • You have already attained an AA degree or higher.

If you qualify for an exemption, complete a Matriculation Exemption Form.

For more information, contact COD Counseling Center at 760-773-2521.

Prerequisite Verification Request

As a student who is transferring to College of the Desert from another college or university, you may plan to take classes with prerequisites.  If you completed those prerequisites at another school, please complete the Prerequisite Verification Request Form. We do require documentation in order to verify prerequisites.  Please call the COD Counseling Center at 760-773-2521 for more information